“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.” - SHAKER PHILOSOPHY
I craft all my gardens with a deep and heartfelt intuition for design. My belief is that beauty is our reward for solving problems well and never overlooking the details. It is a joy to coax the vision and dreams my clients have out of a landscape.
Dream gardens, in my opinion, share five simple traits:
- They are appropriate to their natural, built and cultural environment
- They are healthy reflecting the care and quality of their design, installation and maintenance
- They demonstrate a sincere respect for mother earth and all her systems
- They are as functional as they are beautiful
- Most importantly, they capture the spirit and style of the people who inhabit them